Charlotte Summers is the Founding Chief Operations Officer (COO) at DDM. With a background in behaviour change psychology, Charlotte's focus lies in creating and delivering health interventions with proven health outcomes and cost savings.
Charlotte leads the large-scale implementation of DDM's services to its partners.
An expert in online digital health and behavioural change psychology, Charlotte is a multi-published research author and driving force who has been named a global disruptor and included in the Sunday Times Business 100 List 2017 and selected by Management Today as one of their 35 Women Under 35. Charlotte is a multi-published clinical author and oversees DDM’s research, clinical and NHS partnerships.
Charlotte has published cutting-edge peer-reviewed publications on ensuring adherence and efficacy of digital health interventions and a Fellow to the Digital Health London Accelerator which seeks to scale high impact innovations within the NHS in Greater London.
- Saslow, L. R., Summers, C., Aikens, J. E., & Unwin, D. J. (2018). Outcomes of a digitally delivered low-carbohydrate type 2 diabetes self-management program: 1-year results of a single-arm longitudinal study. JMIR diabetes, 3(3), e9333.
- Summers, C., & Curtis, K. (2020). Novel Digital architecture of a “Low Carb Program” for initiating and maintaining long-term sustainable health-promoting behavior change in patients with type 2 diabetes. JMIR diabetes, 5(1), e15030.
- Summers, C., Wu, P., & Taylor, A. J. (2021). Supporting Mental Health During the COVID-19 Pandemic Using a Digital Behavior Change Intervention: An Open-Label, Single-Arm, Pre-Post Intervention Study. JMIR Formative Research, 5(10), e31273.
- Summers, C., Tobin, S., & Unwin, D. (2021). Evaluation of the Low Carb Program Digital Intervention for the Self-Management of Type 2 Diabetes and Prediabetes in an NHS England General Practice: Single-Arm Prospective Study. JMIR diabetes, 6(3), e25751.
- Hanson, P., Summers, C., Panesar, A., Oduro-Donkor, D., Lange, M., Menon, V., & Barber, T. M. (2021). Low Carb Program Health App Within a Hospital-Based Obesity Setting: Observational Service Evaluation. JMIR Formative Research, 5(9), e29110.
- Scott, E., Shehata, M., Panesar, A., Summers, C., & Dale, J. (2022). The Low Carb Program for people with type 2 diabetes and pre-diabetes: a mixed methods feasibility study of signposting from general practice. BJGP open, 6(1).
- Abdelhameed, F., Pearson, E., Hanson, P., Barber, T., Panesar, A., & Summers, C. (2022, May). Health outcomes following engagement with a digital health tool GroHealth app amongst people with type 2 diabetes. In Endocrine Abstracts (Vol. 81). Bioscientifica.
- Summers, C., Griffiths, F., Cave, J., & Panesar, A. (2022). Understanding the Security and Privacy Concerns About the Use of Identifiable Health Data in the Context of the COVID-19 Pandemic: Survey Study of Public Attitudes Toward COVID-19 and Data-Sharing. JMIR Formative Research, 6(7), e29337.
- Summers, C., Do Vale, M. L., Haines, L., Armes, S., Bradfield, J., Crocombe, D., & Ray, S. (2022). A web-based survey assessing perceived changes in diet, physical activity and sleeping behaviours in adults with type 1 and type 2 diabetes during the COVID-19 pandemic in the UK. BMJ Nutrition, Prevention & Health, 1-8.