University of Warwick
Diabetes Digital Media are pioneers in digital healthcare. Diabetes Digital Media (DDM) operate Diabetes.co.uk, the world’s most active and engaged diabetes community, and provide digital health interventions with clinically validated, peer-reviewed outcomes. Our AI-led digital health interventions are changing the lives of millions of people. We’re starting by putting as many of the 375m cases of type 2 diabetes into remission as we can, with our Low Carb Program.
Our evidence-based digital health interventions, like the Low Carb Program, have been featured in the New Scientist, The Times, Daily Mail, Sky News and BBC with thousands of people placing their type 2 diabetes into remission. The Low Carb Program is grounded in behaviour change psychology and our peer-reviewed health outcomes have shown impressive results. Used within the NHS, 1 in 4 members are able to put their type 2 diabetes into remission whilst 60% are also able to reduce or eliminate insulin and 40% are able to eliminate one or more medications, saving hundreds of pounds per patient per year in medication deprescription.
DDM are looking for exceptional minds to help us build our revolutionary health technologies.
We are building a new team at DDM in the area of actionable insight and we are looking for a Senior Machine Learning Developerto join the team at our HQ in the University of Warwick Science Park.
You will research, define and build solutions intended to optimise the health of patients and the time of healthcare professionals across the world. You will work with founding CEO, COO and CTO to develop new systems and focus on the implementation of advanced Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning with DDM systems.
You will join an Engineering team comprising full-stack development capabilities and collaborate to deliver a suite of services.
This is an opportunity to be part of building a new greenfield capability within a mature and successful company in a truly cutting edge and exciting area of technology in the digital health market.
You will be a creative, positive, adaptable and experienced individual with a very strong technology background. You will have experience integrating AI-based solutions with the real world through different means, with a depth of experience in one or more of:
- Natural Language Processing (Speech)
What will you be accountable for?
- You will play a key role in the delivery of new AI and technology capabilities both on-device and on-cloud.
- You will understand the advanced AI and technology needs of real users and develop those technologies.
- You will collaborate with other teams within Engineering to deliver implemented, intelligent software and share your knowledge with your colleagues to help DDM to continue to be a first-class provider of digital health technologies.
You will be:
- Able to demonstrate a wide understanding of meaningful and applicable AI technologies within IoT services; machine learning; data science; client computing, smartphones and sensor devices; wireless technologies, security and cloud.
- Able to prove your depth of experience of machine learning approaches to solve real-world problems.
- You will possess strong analytical and creative problem-solving abilities and be enthusiastic about solving challenges which are as-yet unsolved. Quite simply, you find new solutions rather than seeing more problems.
- You will have experience developing and extending AI models to solve real-world problems using different programming frameworks such as Tensorflow.
And as a person:
- Be quirky, not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust your default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Like the sound of that? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
- Excellent understanding of statistics including statistical inference, probabilities, correlations
- Understanding of modern machine learning methods and algorithms including: Convolutional Neural Networks, Auto encoders, Random Forest and Support Vector Machines
- Excellent understanding of the applicability of the different machine learning methods for different numerical situations and statistical metrics and procedures to measure their performance
- Understanding of big data, high throughput computing and GPU-accelerated computing
Experience with at least one machine-learning toolkit such as TensorFlow, Torch or Caffe
- Fluent in Python, experience with Scikit-learn, Pandas and Numpy toolkits
- Fluency in C++/.NET is a plus
- Experience as a project leader, driving a technology vision into implementation
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
Required education and experience:
- PhD in a scientific or engineering discipline
- At least 5 years’ experience as a project leader in a commercial or academic environment
This isn’t your regular developer job. You will be exposed to the fast pace of a rapidly growing global digital health technology company and the satisfaction of creating technologies helping people live happier, healthier and for longer. We offer:
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Health cash plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular appraisals and personal development plans
- Relaxed dress code
- Fun atmosphere, working with smart people
- Transparent communication and no bureaucracy
- Regular social events, group fun-days, and more