University of Warwick
Diabetes Digital Media (DDM) provide award-winning, world-leading digital health interventions (i.e digital health programmes) that have peer-reviewed, published health outcomes. Solutions include Diabetes.co.uk, the world’s most active and engaged diabetes community and the Low Carb Program.
We’re looking for an experienced and diligent QA Analyst to join a specialist agile team dedicated to the QA and testing of a range of our core health platforms and services. Our HQ on University of Warwick Technology Park is a bustling hive of passion and innovation, home to a phenomenal team who are developing healthcare solutions that are redefining chronic disease.
Our data demonstrated that type 2 diabetes does not have to be a chronic and progressive disease, and we are on a mission to reverse (well, remiss) as many of the 375m cases of type 2 diabetes as we can. With over 1.2 million members and 50 million visitors a year, DDM is a pioneer in providing digital health and engagement platforms. Our health interventions, like the Low Carb Program, have been featured in the New Scientist, The Times, Daily Mail and BBC with thousands of people placing their type 2 diabetes into remission.
We are hiring: QA Test Analyst Internship
DDM is looking to recruit mobile application user acceptance testers as part of a growing and expanding QA Team. You will be a key member of a committed, hard working development team to help ensure the clinical safety grade guidelines of its multi-award winning applications. 3, 6, 9 and 12 month internships are available (with a view to a full-time role with DDM).
You will be working to ensure products meet our strict standards of technical and medical safety.
What you will do:
- You’ll be a pivotal figure in testing of a range of health apps, at various stages of development.
- You will be asked to execute predefined test scripts using desktop computers and a range of mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets to help us create an industry leading experience.
- You will be responsible for ensuring apps are bug free prior to release, as well as ensuring app flows from a user perspective.
- Working well under pressure, you will help to ensure deadlines are met with no compromise on quality.
- Able to work in an agile testing environment as part of the core development team
- Able to adhere to (and contribute to) clinical grade test specifications and standards in a fast paced software development environment
- Able to produce clear, detailed documentation and evidence logs to support developers on reproducing known issues
- Able to effectively communicate in a fast paced environment with a strong development team of people of all backgrounds
- Able to adopt new technologies and testing standards / concepts to meet the needs of the project on the fly and assist your team in the transition
- Knowledge in testing mobile applications and the iOS and/or Android development pipelines
- Knowledge of regression, non-functional, functional, exploratory and heuristic testing strategies
- Knowledge of typical digital product architecture layers and terminology (API, DB, Front-end / Back-end)
- Analytic / problem solving skills and demonstrable ability to decompose technical issues into reproducible steps and likely causes
- Experience using JIRA or other sprint based bug tracking software
- Proven ability in both creating and adhering to test strategies, test plans, writing test cases and running functional, automated and performance/non-functional tests
The right candidate is: enthusiastic with a can-do attitude, reliable, punctual, organised, takes pride in their work, willing to help out in all areas daily functioning of the office, be a team player, have excellent attention to detail in documentation, be compassionate, empathetic and enthusiastic.
You will be self-motivated, confident working within a young, dynamic team innovating the future of health. We look for great team fit and aptitude. As a young company, we want ambitious people who can flex and adapt to new roles, challenges and opportunities as the organisation grows.
- Generous holiday package with the ability to buy additional leave annually
- Flexible working hours
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Health care cash plan
- Regular social events and team-building excursions
We celebrated our last milestone by going abroad together, we like to have fun whilst we change the world!