University of Warwick
Diabetes Digital Media are pioneers in digital healthcare. Diabetes Digital Media (DDM) operate Diabetes.co.uk, the world’s most active and engaged diabetes community, and provides digital health interventions with clinically validated, peer-reviewed outcomes. Our AI-led digital health interventions are changing the lives of millions of people. We’re starting by putting as many of the 375m cases of type 2 diabetes into remission as we can, with our Low Carb Program.
Our evidence-based digital health interventions, like the Low Carb Program, have been featured in the New Scientist, The Times, Daily Mail, Sky News and BBC with thousands of people placing their type 2 diabetes into remission. The Low Carb Program is grounded in behaviour change psychology and our peer-reviewed health outcomes have shown impressive results. 1 in 4 members are able to put their type 2 diabetes into remission whilst 60% are also able to reduce or eliminate insulin and 40% are able to eliminate one or more medications, saving £835 per patient per year in medication deprescription.
DDM are looking for exceptional software developers to help us build our revolutionary health technologies. We are looking for passionate, quality focused + agilesoftware developers to help us grow and mature. You’ll bring knowledge and passion about development best practices which will be instrumental in helping us to shape the direction of our growing software development team.
We are hiring: Digital Designer
This role is for a 3-, 6-, 9- or 12- month internship dependent on university/internship requirements.
We are now looking for a new digital designer intern to join our growing, world class art team. The role will involve brainstorming new creative concepts, app flows, creating high quality designs, mock-ups, and finished artwork. The candidate should be creative, passionate and enthusiastic, and able to work within the team.
- Someone who is studying or recently finished studying Graphic Design or a similar field
- Strong visual design skills demonstrated through a portfolio
- Expertise in design software, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Sketch.
- An ability to think outside-the-box and solve design problems
- Adaptability and willingness to learn new skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate complex concepts to relevant stakeholders
- Ability to work quickly under pressure, and react to the fast-moving environment
WHAT WILL YOU DO:
- Working directly with our Head of Design to assist in creating graphics and visuals for our websites and social media accounts
- Working alongside our Head of Marketing to produce materials for upcoming campaigns
- A direct input into our product development across the product suite
- The opportunity to work with the team on creative projects and the autonomy to develop innovative ways to present the brand
The right candidate is: enthusiastic with a can-do attitude, reliable, punctual, organised, takes pride in their work, willing to help out in all areas daily functioning of the office, be a team player, have excellent attention to detail in documentation, be compassionate, empathetic and enthusiastic.
You will be self-motivated, confident working within a young, dynamic team innovating the future of health.
- Generous annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually
- Flexible working hours
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Health care cash plan
- Regular social events and team-building excursions
We celebrated our last milestone by going abroad together, we like to have fun whilst we change the world!