University of Warwick
Diabetes Digital Media are pioneers in digital healthcare. Diabetes Digital Media (DDM) operate Diabetes.co.uk, the world’s most active and engaged diabetes community, and provides digital health interventions with clinically validated, peer-reviewed outcomes. Our AI-led digital health interventions are changing the lives of millions of people. We’re starting by putting as many of the 375m cases of type 2 diabetes into remission as we can, with our Low Carb Program.
Our evidence-based digital health interventions, like the Low Carb Program, have been featured in the New Scientist, The Times, Daily Mail, Sky News and BBC with thousands of people placing their type 2 diabetes into remission. The Low Carb Program is grounded in behaviour change psychology and our peer-reviewed health outcomes have shown impressive results. 1 in 4 members are able to put their type 2 diabetes into remission whilst 60% are also able to reduce or eliminate insulin and 40% are able to eliminate one or more medications.
We are looking for a passionate Project Manager to help the business as we continue to develop. The position is based at DDM’s Head Office at University of Warwick Science Park.
The role will principally involve working closely with colleagues to support designated projects including managing start-up, monitoring implementation, liaising between teams, managing partners, reviewing deliverables and synthesising lessons learned.
You will be working with the CEO, COO and management team to managing a portfolio of programmes across multiple populations, health conditions, and geographies. You will work closely with the rest of the team on building knowledge and networks and developing new business opportunities and innovative solutions across these rapidly evolving sectors.
The successful candidate will have:
- Degree or at least 3 years experience in a relevant field
- Evidenced experience in a development environment – either in a developing country or within a developing business/consultancy/organisation
- Experience working with major partners
- Evidenced project management experience – preferably with disparate or remote teams
- Good understanding of programme management systems and best practice
- Experience of working across a variety of cultures
- Demonstrated evidence of commitment to gender equality and social inclusion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (additional languages are an asset)
- A passion for health and/or tech
- Good understanding of proposal development
- Negotiation skills
S/he will also be:
- Astute with demonstrable aptitude in client service and management
- Driven and motivated combined with the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally to deliver against programme and business targets
- Flexible, versatile and tolerant in a changing work environment with the ability to work effectively under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Able and willing to travel internationally
We are also looking for an Associate Project Manager within the same team so if you have similar experience and attributes but slightly less evidenced experience, we would also welcome your application.
The Salary offered for the Project Manager position will be commensurate with relevant experience. A generous benefits package includes company pension, private health scheme, cycle to work scheme and contribution to gym membership (after a qualifying period).
- On-site parking
- Casual dress
- Wellness programmes
- Private medical/dental insurance
- Subsidised gym membership
- Flexible working hours
Reference ID: PROJMAN