University of Warwick
Diabetes Digital Media are pioneers in digital healthcare. There are 39 of us and we’re based in the University of Warwick Science Park. Diabetes Digital Media (DDM) provide award-winning, world-leading digital health interventions (i.e digital health programmes) that have peer-reviewed, published health outcomes. Solutions include Diabetes.co.uk, the world’s most active and engaged diabetes community and the Low Carb Program.
Our data demonstrated that type 2 diabetes does not have to be a chronic and progressive disease, and we are on a mission to reverse (well, remiss) as many of the 375m cases of type 2 diabetes as we can. With over 1.2 million members and 50 million visitors a year, DDM is a pioneer in providing digital health and engagement platforms.
Our health interventions, like the Low Carb Program, have been featured in the New Scientist, The Times, Daily Mail and BBC with thousands of people placing their type 2 diabetes into remission. The Low Carb Program is used within the NHS and in a further 3 international markets.
We are hiring:Research Assistant
The role is full time. You will be working with our in-house Head of Education and Data Teams as well as external stakeholders (where relevant) to deliver
- Must have obtained (or be set to obtain) a PhD, MSc or BSc with evidence of excellent research skills (upper second class and above)
- Excellent proven research skills.
- Excellent proven command of clinical writing.
- Excellent written English language skills.
- Gathering of both numerical and factual data from internal and external sources.
- Checking accuracy of data across multiple reports and systems.
- Cleansing, manipulation and analysis of data using Excel, SPSS, and internal reporting systems.
- Compiling and presenting reports, based on gathered data, including tables, charts and commentary as appropriate.
- Building online surveys and sending out survey invites.
- Running monthly reports.
- Maintaining master data and department keys.
- Answering reporting queries from the business.
- Keeping up-to-date with industry and competitor developments.
- Assisting other members of the department in providing training and support to internal colleagues.
Experience working with surveys, and/or manipulating and analysing secondary data sources such as citations, usage or health data would be advantageous.
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate to develop their data management, research, analysis and reporting skills whilst working with a class-leader in the provision of digital therapies.
Some UK and international travel may be required.
The right candidate is: enthusiastic with a can-do attitude, reliable, punctual, organised, takes pride in their work, willing to help out in all areas daily functioning of the office, be a team player, have excellent attention to detail in documentation, be compassionate, empathetic and enthusiastic.
You will be self-motivated, confident working within a young, dynamic team innovating the future of health.
- Generous annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually
- Flexible working hours
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Health care cash plan
- Regular social events and team-building excursions
We celebrated our last milestone by going abroad together, we like to have fun whilst we change the world!