Coventry, West Midlands
Diabetes Digital Media (DDM) provide award-winning, world-leading digital health interventions (i.e digital health programmes) that have peer-reviewed, published health outcomes. Solutions include Diabetes.co.uk, the world’s most active and engaged diabetes community and the Low Carb Program.
We’re looking for an experienced and diligent QA Analyst to join a specialist agile team dedicated to the QA and testing of a range of our core health platforms and services. Our HQ on University of Warwick Technology Park is a bustling hive of passion and innovation, home to a phenomenal team who are developing healthcare solutions that are redefining chronic disease.
Our data demonstrated that type 2 diabetes does not have to be a chronic and progressive disease, and we are on a mission to reverse (well, remiss) as many of the 375m cases of type 2 diabetes as we can. With over 1.2 million members and 50 million visitors a year, DDM is a pioneer in providing digital health and engagement platforms. Our health interventions, like the Low Carb Program, have been featured in the New Scientist, The Times, Daily Mail and BBC with thousands of people placing their type 2 diabetes into remission.
We are hiring: Quality Assurance Tester
DDM is looking to recruit an experienced mobile applications user acceptance tester for an exciting new role as a key member of a committed, hard working development team to help ensure the clinical safety grade guidelines of its multi-award winning applications.
You will be working to ensure products meet our strict standards of technical and medical safety.
· We anticipate the key elements of this role to be made up of the following objectives and responsibilities:
· Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
· Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
· Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
· Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
· Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
· Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
· Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
· Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
· Monitor debugging process results
· Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
· Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
· Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies