University of Warwick
Diabetes Digital Media are pioneers in digital healthcare. There are 39 of us and we’re based in the University of Warwick Science Park. Diabetes Digital Media (DDM) provide award-winning, world-leading digital health interventions (i.e digital health programmes) that have peer-reviewed, published health outcomes. Solutions include Diabetes.co.uk, the world’s most active and engaged diabetes community and the Low Carb Program.
Our data demonstrated that type 2 diabetes does not have to be a chronic and progressive disease, and we are on a mission to reverse (well, remiss) as many of the 375m cases of type 2 diabetes as we can.
With over 1.3 million members and 50 million visitors a year, DDM is a pioneer in providing digital health and engagement platforms to providers including the NHS. Our health interventions, like the Low Carb Program, have been featured in the New Scientist, The Times, Daily Mail and BBC with thousands of people placing their type 2 diabetes into remission. The Low Carb Program is used within the NHS and in a further 3 international markets.
We are hiring: Android Developer
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced Android Developer to work in the expanding Android Engineering Team.
- Kotlin (at least 1-2 years of experience) and Java (2 years+) experience
- Reactive programming (RxJava / RxAndroid)
- Experience working with Scrum or Agile development environment
- Clean architecture and patterns such as MVP and MVVM
- You’ll be working alongside our small and awesome development team based at University of Warwick HQ to continue building our existing Android apps
- Creating a robust and beautiful user experience
- Continually improving the app to use industry best practice and introduce little magical touches that make all the difference
- Analysing the app in conjunction with the team to make suggestions and influence product roadmap towards what users want
The right candidate is: enthusiastic with a can-do attitude, reliable, punctual, organised, takes pride in their work, willing to help out in all areas daily functioning of the office, be a team player, have excellent attention to detail in documentation, be compassionate, empathetic and enthusiastic.
You will be self-motivated, confident working within a young, dynamic team innovating the future of health. We look for great team fit and aptitude. As a young company, we want ambitious people who can flex and adapt to new roles, challenges and opportunities as the organisation grows.
- Annual holiday growth
- Flexible working hours
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Health care cash plan that includes subsidised gym membership
- Regular social events
- Company events
- On-site parking
- Casual dress
- Wellness programmes
- Private medical/dental insurance
Reference ID: AND2