University of Warwick
Diabetes Digital Media (DDM) provide award-winning, world-leading digital health interventions (i.e digital health programmes) that have peer-reviewed, published health outcomes. Solutions include Diabetes.co.uk, the world’s most active and engaged diabetes community and the Low Carb Program.
Our data demonstrated that type 2 diabetes does not have to be a chronic and progressive disease, and we are on a mission to reverse (well, remiss) as many of the 375m cases of type 2 diabetes as we can. With over 1.2 million members and 50 million visitors a year, DDM is a pioneer in providing digital health and engagement platforms. Our health interventions, like the Low Carb Program, have been featured in the New Scientist, The Times, Daily Mail and BBC with thousands of people placing their type 2 diabetes into remission.
We are hiring: Machine Learning Engineer – Internship
Start date: Flexible around term-dates. 3, 6, 9 and 12 month internships available.
- 1 or more years’ worth of experience that demonstrates data mining skills or practices – this includes using programs such as Pythonand/or R
- We require the candidate to have a passion for improvement and a keen eye for detail
- The role will involve self-management and group project management
- An interest to find the most appropriate as well as up-to date technology to push forwards is crucial for this role
- Able to work effectively within a team or independently
- Fluent in written and spoken English, and able to work in the UK
- Experience with APIs
The right candidate is: enthusiastic with a can-do attitude, reliable, punctual, organised, takes pride in their work, willing to help out in all areas daily functioning of the office, be a team player, have excellent attention to detail in documentation, be compassionate, empathetic and enthusiastic.
You will be self-motivated, confident working within a young, dynamic team innovating the future of health. We look for great team fit and aptitude. As a young company, we want ambitious people who can flex and adapt to new roles, challenges and opportunities as the organisation grows.
- Generous annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually
- Flexible working hours
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Health care cash plan
- Regular social events and team-building excursions
We celebrated our last milestone by going abroad together, we like to have fun whilst we change the world!