University of Warwick
Diabetes Digital Media are pioneers in digital healthcare. There are 39 of us and we’re based in the University of Warwick Science Park. Diabetes Digital Media (DDM) provide award-winning, world-leading digital health interventions (i.e digital health programmes) that have peer-reviewed, published health outcomes. Solutions include Diabetes.co.uk, the world’s most active and engaged diabetes community and the Low Carb Program.
Our data demonstrated that type 2 diabetes does not have to be a chronic and progressive disease, and we are on a mission to reverse (well, remiss) as many of the 375m cases of type 2 diabetes as we can. With over 1.2 million members and 50 million visitors a year, DDM is a pioneer in providing digital health and engagement platforms.
Our health interventions, like the Low Carb Program, have been featured in the New Scientist, The Times, Daily Mail and BBC with thousands of people placing their type 2 diabetes into remission. The Low Carb Program is used within the NHS and in a further 3 international markets.
We are hiring:Data and Research Assistant
The role is currently a 3 to 12 month internship, with the opportunity and desire to pursue a full-time role in the longer-term.
- Must have obtained (or be set to obtain) a PhD, MSc or BSc with evidence of excellent research skills (upper second class and above)
- Excellent proven research skills.
- Excellent proven command of clinical writing.
- Excellent written English language skills.
- Experience with statistical software such as SPSS.
The right candidate is: enthusiastic with a can-do attitude, reliable, punctual, organised, takes pride in their work, willing to help out in all areas daily functioning of the office, be a team player, have excellent attention to detail in documentation, be compassionate, empathetic and enthusiastic.
You will be self-motivated, confident working within a young, dynamic team innovating the future of health.
- Generous annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually
- Flexible working hours
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Health care cash plan
- Regular social events and team-building excursions
We celebrated our last milestone by going abroad together, we like to have fun whilst we change the world!