University of Warwick
If defending IT infrastructure and networks, hacking sites on behalf of DDM or combating cyber-crimes appeals to you, then starting a career in cyber security could be for you.
We are looking for: Cyber Security Analysts
You’ll have the opportunity to get first-hand experience of how we manage the risks that cyber threats pose to our organisation. You could be working in:
- Cyber Security Services – protect against and detect security events
- Operations – identify and resolve issues, develop recovery plans
- Business Partnering – make projects secure and the business successful
- Technology Risk – manage risks and control assurance
- Threat – prevent attacks through effective use of intelligence
- Performance – define strategy and report security performance
What you’ll do
You will be working in an operational team and will be expected to deliver successful outcomes that are achievable over your tenure with us. For instance, you could:
- Analyse and assess potential security risks
- Develop plans to deal with security incidents by putting measures in place
- Prepare technical reports to support our strategy
- Carry out tests on a system to expose weaknesses in security
- Keep detailed records of investigations
- Report on your findings to inform decisions about whether upgrades or remediation are required
What’s in it for you
You will be working at the heart of a team protecting some of the UK’s most active digital health services from cyber-crime. Our Security team continue to evolve to provide services that keep our people and assets safe, as the Security threats facing DDM continually change and increase in sophistication and persistence.
This role will provide real-time experience of cyber security management within the organisation and provide an ideal introduction to a career in Cyber Security
We will also build to CREST or SANS Certifications if you don’t have them already.
Who we are
Diabetes Digital Media are pioneers in digital healthcare. Diabetes Digital Media (DDM) operate Diabetes.co.uk, the world’s most active and engaged diabetes community, and provides digital health interventions with clinically validated, peer-reviewed outcomes. Our AI-led digital health interventions are changing the lives of millions of people. We’re starting by putting as many of the 375m cases of type 2 diabetes into remission as we can, with our Low Carb Program.
Our evidence-based digital health interventions, like the Low Carb Program, have been featured in the New Scientist, The Times, Daily Mail, Sky News and BBC with thousands of people placing their type 2 diabetes into remission. The Low Carb Program is grounded in behaviour change psychology and our peer-reviewed health outcomes have shown impressive results. Used within the NHS, 1 in 4 members are able to put their type 2 diabetes into remission whilst 60% are also able to reduce or eliminate insulin and 40% are able to eliminate one or more medications.
The position is based at DDM’s Head Office at University of Warwick Science Park.
- Work from home opportunities
- Annual holiday growth
- Flexible working hours
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Health care cash plan that includes subsidised gym membership
- Regular social events
- Company events
- On-site parking
- Casual dress
- Wellness programmes
- Private medical/dental insurance
Reference ID: CS1