University of Warwick
Diabetes Digital Media are pioneers in digital healthcare. There are 39 of us and we’re based in the University of Warwick Science Park. Diabetes Digital Media (DDM) provide award-winning, world-leading digital health interventions (i.e digital health programmes) that have peer-reviewed, published health outcomes. Solutions include Diabetes.co.uk, the world’s most active and engaged diabetes community and the Low Carb Program.
Our data demonstrated that type 2 diabetes does not have to be a chronic and progressive disease, and we are on a mission to reverse (well, remiss) as many of the 375m cases of type 2 diabetes as we can.
With over 1.3 million members and 50 million visitors a year, DDM is a pioneer in providing digital health and engagement platforms to providers including the NHS. Our health interventions, like the Low Carb Program, have been featured in the New Scientist, The Times, Daily Mail and BBC with thousands of people placing their type 2 diabetes into remission. The Low Carb Program is used within the NHS and in a further 3 international markets.
We are hiring: Content Writer
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced Content Writer to join a growing DDM team, supporting the writing and approval of breaking news, scientific research, press releases, proof reading, and video transcripts for dissemination with millions of readers online.
You will be joining a multi-award winning Engagement Team engaging over 50 million people a year through news, newsletters and videos.
Candidates should demonstrate understanding what makes our news content important and usable for our audience.
Write news articles, fixed to the needs of specific audiences – including Diabetes.co.uk and the Low Carb Program
Edit, proof and rewrite copy to improve readability and ensure consistency
Verify research, dates and details using standard reference sources
Edit to house style, and enforce editorial policy
Pitch stories to senior members of the team
Conduct interviews with industry professionals
Develop story ideas for feature content
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
University graduate—preferably Journalism/English/Politics or qualified by experience in the B2B/professional publishing industry
Passion for health
Previous publishing experience, preferably in a news environment
Clear succinct writing style, and the ability to adapt to in-house style
Excellent organisational and planning skills
Strong spoken communication skills
Keen eye for detail
- The right candidate is: enthusiastic with a can-do attitude, reliable, punctual, organised, takes pride in their work, be a team player, have excellent attention to detail in documentation, be compassionate, empathetic and enthusiastic.
- You will be self-motivated, confident working within a young, dynamic team innovating the future of health.
- We look for great team fit and aptitude. As a young company, we want ambitious people who can flex and adapt to new roles, challenges and opportunities as the organisation grows.
- Generous annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually
- Flexible working hours
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Health care cash plan
- Regular social events and team-building excursions